Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things." "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." ~ Lewis Carroll from Alice in Wonderland
"In the House, 78 percent of Republicans voted against emergency aid. In the Senate, those 36 votes..."
"In the House, 78 percent of Republicans voted against emergency aid. In the Senate, those 36 votes...": “In the House, 78 percent of Republicans voted against emergency aid. In the Senate, those 36 votes represent 80 percent of Republicans. The overwhelming majority of Republicans, well more than three-quarters, now approach natural disasters as political fodder, another opportunity to push deficit hysteria and to force massive cuts to other domestic spending. Tax cuts to the wealthy? Those pay for themselves. Rebuilding destroyed communities populated by millions of Americans? Only if you cut other government programs. In other words, the vast majority of Republicans are assholes.”