Warning: New Copy Protected Audio CD's
The new Kasabian CD and other's from Sony/BMG install software without your knowledge or permission. As soon as you insert the CD it installs a driver even before it displays a license agreement that it asks you to accept. This driver garbles the audio when you try to play it, rip it, or copy it. The easiest way around it is to hold Shift when you insert the CD and as it loads up. This prevents it from autorunning software. I unfortunetly didn't know this when I put the Kasabian CD in my computer to rip it tonight. But thankfully, I found a website that has instructions on how to remove the driver. Thanks to this guy...
http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~jhalderm/cd3/P.S. Thanks Chris for offering to let me rip this CD on your Mac (which doesn't have this problem). The CD rips fine now with that driver removed.